struts-user mailing list archives

From fea jabi <zy...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: sj:grid --- action errors and highlight the row/row cell that failed validation
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2015 12:48:42 GMT
Thank you, for your response. I really appreciate it.  I got it working.

> From: mgainty@hotmail.com
> To: user@struts.apache.org
> Subject: RE: sj:grid --- action errors and highlight the row/row cell that failed validation
> Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 17:31:15 -0400
>

> > From: zyxrm@hotmail.com
> > To: user@struts.apache.org
> > Subject: RE: sj:grid --- action errors and highlight the row/row cell that failed
validation
> > Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 15:50:39 -0400
> >
> > Still looking for help on this please...
> >
> > > From: zyxrm@hotmail.com
> > > To: user@struts.apache.org
> > > Subject: sj:grid --- action errors and highlight the row/row cell that failed
validation
> > > Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 16:17:33 -0400
> > >
> > >  Trying to display action errors when trying to save a row in a <sj:grid>
 .... Is there an example I can follow?

> > > Followed
> > >
> > > https://code.google.com/p/struts2-jquery/wiki/EditGrid  ---- Simple Edit  ----
and wrote validate method which is returning the action errors.

> > > 1. How should be the struts.xml configured?
> MG>one is provided in each sample application
>
>  as success return type is json, what should it be for input?
> > >
> > > 		<action name="editResultsAJAXAction" class="xxx.EditAddEmpGridEntryAction">
> > >
> > > 			 <result name="success" type="json"></result>
> > >
> > > 			<result name="error" type="json"></result>
> > >
> > > 			<result name="input">/jsp/createFidAddCas.jsp</result>
> MG>you didnt specify default type for package so if type attribute is not specified,
the framework will MG>use the default dispatcher type, which forwards to another web resource
> https://struts.apache.org/docs/result-configuration.html
> > >
> > > 	   	</action>
> > >

> > > 2. how to display these action errors
> <action name="upload" class="com.jgeppert.struts2.jquery.richtext.actions.CkeditorUpload">
>             <result type="freemarker" name="error">/ckeditor/ckeditorError.ftl</result>
> <!-- you can use any of the available 'type's for error result -->
> https://struts.apache.org/docs/result-types.html
>
> and how to highlight the column cell in the grid that's not valid.
> MG>you have to add stylesheet class which contains, font,size and color of the css
stylesheet class to the control in question..