struts-user mailing list archives

From Christoph Nenning <Christoph.Nenn...@lex-com.net>
Subject Re: How to add a global interceptor
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2015 11:35:16 GMT
> From: Jasper Rosenberg <jasper_rosenberg@yahoo.com.INVALID>
> To: "user@struts.apache.org" <user@struts.apache.org>,
> Date: 13.10.2015 13:26
> Subject: How to add a global interceptor
>
> Hi,
>

> I work on a project with hundreds of struts actions manywith their
> own custom interceptor stacks specified.

Having actions with own interceptor stacks is quite special. Usually
people have hundreds of actions but just a few interceptor stacks. And the
few stacks are not created by copy-paste but by overriding configuration
parameters and adding interceptors at the beginning or end of the stack.

> We have recently internationalized the site, and so I had aneed to
> add an i18n interceptor to the top of every action stack.  It would
> have been impractical (and difficultto enforce for future actions)
> to add the new interceptor to every actiondefinition.
>

> My solution was to override the ActionProxyFactory to returnour own
> ActionInvocation, which in turn always prepends the i18n interceptor
> tothe interceptor stack during initialization.

In your case that sounds alright.

What are the reasons that you need so many different interceptor stacks?

Regards,
Christoph