struts-user mailing list archives

From Aleksandr Mashchenko <amashche...@apache.org>
Subject Re: struts2-rest-plugin issues getting non-restful urls to cooperate
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2016 17:20:34 GMT
Hey Ken,

Can you be more specific about PUT method isn't working like it should?
(some code, links to SO questions)

 >Struts2 has ActionSupport, it would be nice if similar interfaces
already existed for the rest-result type

Actually there is RestActionSupport -
https://github.com/apache/struts/blob/master/plugins/rest/src/main/java/org/apache/struts2/rest/RestActionSupport.java

Although it has only index method, so having a dedicated interface for
rest crud methods is a nice idea.

 >The documentation shows model driven, so I assume that is the suggested
method of use

The model driven approach is convenient, sometimes. But that's it.
Nothing stops you from throwing it away and use actions w/o it. :)

---
Regards,
Aleksandr