struts-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Anamika Chourasiya <anamika.chouras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jQuery query
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2016 08:27:56 GMT
You need to put both textboxes of each group in one div, give this div an
id and than user JQUEry inbuild function to toggle it

something like this
$("#fieldGroup1").toggle(); on click event of "Field Group 1" link.
$("#fieldGroup2").toggle(); on click event of "Field Group 2" link.

<s:form id="someEditForm" action="editEditAction" method="post"
cssStyle="width: 100%" tooltipIconPath="/images/icons/tooltip.gif">

<tr>
    <td class="headingcolour" valign="top" colspan="2">
        <div style="border-bottom: 1px dotted black; width: 95%;">Field
Group 1</div>
    </td>
</tr>
*<div id="fieldGroup1">*
<s:textfield name="theBean.field1" label="Field1" maxlength="20"
requiredLabel="true" tooltip="%{getText('theBean.field1.tooltip')}"/>

<s:textfield name="theBean.field2" label="Field2" maxlength="20"
requiredLabel="true" tooltip="%{getText('theBean.field2.tooltip')}"/>
</div>
<tr>
    <td class="headingcolour" valign="top" colspan="2">
        <div style="border-bottom: 1px dotted black; width: 95%;">Field
Group 2</div>
    </td>
</tr>
* <div id="fieldGroup1">*
<s:textfield name="theBean.field3" label="Field3" maxlength="20"
requiredLabel="true" tooltip="%{getText('theBean.field3.tooltip')}"/>

<s:textfield name="theBean.field4" label="Field4" maxlength="20"
requiredLabel="true" tooltip="%{getText('theBean.field4.tooltip')}"/>
</div>
</s:form>

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 1:25 PM, Patrick Kelly <
patrick.kelly@riverdynamics.com> wrote:

> correct
>
>
> Patrick Kelly
>
> PatrickKelly
> PrincipalConsultant
> *River**Dynamics*
>
> E: patrick.kelly@riverdynamics.com <mailto:patrick.kelly@riverdynamics.com
> >
> W: www.riverdynamics.com <http://www.riverdynamics.com/>
>
> On 29/06/2016 5:48 PM, Anamika Chourasiya wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> As per my understanding about the requirement, if the user clicks on the
>> "Field Group 1"  field 1 and field 2 textboxes should get visible and if
>> he
>> again click on the same link they should get disappear. Same functionality
>> for "Field Group 2". Am I right?
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 12:39 PM, Patrick Kelly <
>> patrick.kelly@riverdynamics.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi - I have a struts2 system (version 2.3.16) that contains many forms
>>> that look like kind of like the example below.
>>>
>>> I want to use jquery to add some interactively to the the forms so the
>>> user can click a link to show/hide all the fields within a field grouping
>>> so that the heading is still visible but not the fields so the user can
>>> view/edit just the portion of the form they want.
>>>
>>> Has anyone done this type of thing and could you provide the syntax
>>> including the jquery function and the links to the function from within
>>> the
>>> form.
>>>
>>> I assume that this will need to use native jquery code rather than
>>> anything that comes with the jquery struts2 plugin. Let me know if I have
>>> that wrong.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> <s:form id="someEditForm" action="editEditAction" method="post"
>>> cssStyle="width: 100%" tooltipIconPath="/images/icons/tooltip.gif">
>>>
>>> <tr>
>>>      <td class="headingcolour" valign="top" colspan="2">
>>>          <div style="border-bottom: 1px dotted black; width: 95%;">Field
>>> Group 1</div>
>>>      </td>
>>> </tr>
>>>
>>> <s:textfield name="theBean.field1" label="Field1" maxlength="20"
>>> requiredLabel="true" tooltip="%{getText('theBean.field1.tooltip')}"/>
>>>
>>> <s:textfield name="theBean.field2" label="Field2" maxlength="20"
>>> requiredLabel="true" tooltip="%{getText('theBean.field2.tooltip')}"/>
>>>
>>> <tr>
>>>      <td class="headingcolour" valign="top" colspan="2">
>>>          <div style="border-bottom: 1px dotted black; width: 95%;">Field
>>> Group 2</div>
>>>      </td>
>>> </tr>
>>>
>>> <s:textfield name="theBean.field3" label="Field3" maxlength="20"
>>> requiredLabel="true" tooltip="%{getText('theBean.field3.tooltip')}"/>
>>>
>>> <s:textfield name="theBean.field4" label="Field4" maxlength="20"
>>> requiredLabel="true" tooltip="%{getText('theBean.field4.tooltip')}"/>
>>>
>>> </s:form>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Patrick Kelly
>>>
>>> PatrickKelly
>>> PrincipalConsultant
>>> *River**Dynamics*
>>>
>>> E: patrick.kelly@riverdynamics.com <mailto:
>>> patrick.kelly@riverdynamics.com
>>> W: www.riverdynamics.com <http://www.riverdynamics.com/>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>


-- 
Anamika Chourasiya

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message