struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Brin <ab...@digitalantiquity.org>
Subject tiles, sitemesh, velocity and other template engines
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2016 23:37:00 GMT
Hi All,
  I've been reviewing our templating implementation (currently sitemesh2)
and noticed that it seems  like the three main template engines that
Struts2 supports are all effectively unsupported, and implementation of
sitemesh 3 (which has been barely updated since it was released seems
stalled). What templating engines are others using, and are there
alternatives that are better supported?  I wonder / worry about security
issues among other things.

*Velocity:*
last updated 2010 --
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.velocity/velocity/1.7

*Tiles:*
last updated 2014 --
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.tiles/tiles-core

*Sitemesh 2:*
Last updated 2009 -- http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/opensymphony/sitemesh

*Sitemesh 3: *(stalled - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-4356)
last updated  2015 - http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.sitemesh/sitemesh

thanks,

adam

Adam Brin
Director of Technology, Digital Antiquity
480.965.1278