struts-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Hilzbrich" <hilzbr...@gmx.de>
Subject Struts 2: running processes/threads in background
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2016 15:37:27 GMT
Hello,
I want to use Struts 2 to run my Java business logic in background and AngularJS for the front-end.
I need to implement the following scenario: A user can make different configuration for the
system to run. After configuration is made, the user clicks "start" and continuously receives
new analysis data (e.g. by requesting data every second). To generate the analysis data I
have to run some business logic in different threads continuously in background till the user
clicks "stop". In my understanding with Struts 2 the front-end is requesting data which the
business logic is generating as it is requested. Is there are way to start background processes
and let them run long-time? For me, it seems that the ExecuteAndWaitInterceptor isn't the
right choice..

Best regards
Thomas