struts-user mailing list archives

From Alireza Fattahi <afatt...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Struts 2 and Spring 4, how to get the validator or action object from spring application context
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2016 09:22:29 GMT
We are using Struts 2.5 and spring 4. The struts is configured spring as mentioned in https://struts.apache.org/docs/spring-and-struts-2.html.

The struts `actions` and `validators` are spring managed beans and I can `inject` ( or `autowire`)
other beans in them.

This validator is working fine which shows the validator is an spring bean:

    public class MyValidator(){

        @javax.inject.Inject
        private HelperClass aHelperClass;
    }

Now, i want to get the `MyValidator` class from spring application context and use it. The
below codes did not worked and returned null

    applicationContext.getBean("MyValidator");
    applicationContext.getBean("foo.bar.MyValidator");

I look at `applicationContext.getBeanDefinitionNames()` but could not find the `validator`.

So how can I get the struts validator from spring `applicationContext`

~Regards,
~~Alireza Fattahi
Struts 2 and Spring 4, how to get the validator or action object from spring application context

|   |