struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Brin <ab...@digitalantiquity.org>
Subject Re: Struts 2 and ASM jar version
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2016 14:15:06 GMT
Hi Krunal,
  I looked at this issue similarly in our own code, the answer is “it depends.”  The convention
plugin in Struts 2.5 appears to be the only part of the codebase that seems to use ASM, so,
you might be able to omit the dependency if you’re not using that plugin.  Alternately,
we’ve had some success using ASM 5.1 with our codebase while using the java-8 plugin.  It’s
planned that in an upcoming version of Struts2 (as Lukasz mentions as I write this), to resolve
some other compatibility issues.

- adam
Adam Brin
Director of Technology, Digital Antiquity
480.965.1278

> On Sep 22, 2016, at 6:29 AM, Dhamelia, Krunal <Krunal.Dhamelia@tdsecurities.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using Struts2 v2.3.16 and that has dependency on asm3.3 jar. Now my project using
some other libraries where asm5.0 is encountered and they are incompatible to each other.

Group, please click here or go to the following web address: www.td.com/tdoptout
> Si vous souhaitez vous désabonner des messages électroniques de nature commerciale
envoyés par Groupe Banque TD veuillez cliquer ici ou vous rendre à l'adresse td.com/tddesab

If received in error, please go to www.td.com/legal for instructions.
> AVIS : Message confidentiel dont le contenu peut être privilégié. Utilisation/divulgation
interdites sans permission. Si reçu par erreur, prière d'aller au www.td.com/francais/avis_juridique
pour des instructions.