struts-user mailing list archives

From Miguel Almeida <mig...@almeida.at>
Subject Can you use type conversion with JSONInterceptor?
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2016 19:07:33 GMT
Imagine SearchAction{

private List<Record> evaluatedRecords;
}

Record is an interface so to get auto-wiring to work you'd usually
set-up a

SearchAction-conversion.properties:
KeyProperty_evaluatedRecords=id
Element_evaluatedRecords=com.bibliovigilance.model.RecordImpl
CreateIfNull_evaluatedRecords=true

I now want to create an Ajax post on this action. I tried the following:

                            var evaluatedRecords = [
	                                     {"id": "10672"}
	                                     ]

	             var json_parameters = {evaluatedRecords:
evaluatedRecords};

	            	$.ajax({
	            	  url: 'SearchmarkSelectedArticlesJSON.action',
	            	  cache: false,
	            	  contentType: 'application/json',
	            	  data: JSON.stringify(json_parameters),
	            	  type: "POST"
	            	});

I believe I need to set-up the JSON interceptor on my action, so I
added:
<action name="SearchmarkSelectedArticlesJSON" class="searchAction"
method="markSelectedArticles">
	<interceptor-ref name="json"/>
</action>

The problem is that this interceptor doesn't seem to be using the
-conversion.properties, so it throws an error when it tries to
instantiate the Record class:

java.lang.InstantiationException: com.bibliovigilance.model.Record
	at
org.apache.struts2.json.JSONPopulator.convertToCollection(JSONPopulator.java:250)

I also tried removing the Record type in the List ( List
evaluatedRecords). But in this case the JSON deserialization of the
above mentioned ajax call will create a List evaluatedRecords with 1
element, but that element is a Map (I didn't investigate, but I suppose
it'll have id in the key and 10672 in the value).

How would we configure this correctly? Is it possible for the JSON
interceptor to be aware of the -conversion.properties? If not, what
alternatives do you envision?

Thanks!

Miguel