struts-user mailing list archives

From Heikki Hyyrö <heikki.hy...@uta.fi>
Subject Passing a parameter from an interceptor to an action
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2017 16:23:11 GMT
Hi,

I would like to pass a parameter from an interceptor to an action, but
am not sure what is a proper way to do it if I also want to ensure that
a parameter with the same name cannot be injected into the action as a
request parameter.

I have set the interceptor to add the parameter into the valuestack, but
this approach does not seem to work if the parameter name is included
either in the excludeParams-parameter of the params interceptor or as a
blocked parameter of the parameter filter. Either of these last two
seems to prevent the parameter from being accessible by the action. If
the params interceptor and parameter filter apply to _all_ values in the
value stack, and not only request parameters, then is there some other
route that allows to pass a "private" parameter from an interceptor to
an action?

-Heikki