struts-user mailing list archives

From "ss2644@cornell.edu"<ss2...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: How to share tiles while using both struts 1 and struts 2 during migration?
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2017 17:25:39 GMT

On 2017-10-04 05:04, Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlenart@apache.org> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a struts app which uses both struts 1 and struts 2. While we are migrating
slowly and trying to remove all struts 1 stuff, we want to share tiles during the migration
process across both s1 and s2. While there is enough documentation demonstrating how to use
various versions of plug-ins and tiles library with either s1 or s2, I couldn't find an example
that explains how to configure and use various plug-ins simultaneously during migration.

> >  Currently I have the following tiles related config in the web.xml. I use both
the struts 1 filter and struts 2 listener. I always get 404 errors when I use the same tile
def from struts 2.

> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> > <web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
> >   xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> >   xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
> >                       http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_3_0.xsd"
> >   version="3.0">
> >
> > <context-param>
> >    <param-name>
> >       org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.DEFINITIONS_CONFIG
> >    </param-name>
> >    <param-value>
> >       /WEB-INF/tiles-defs-.xml
> >    </param-value>
> >    </context-param>
> >
> >   <filter>
> >     <filter-name>Tiles Filter</filter-name>
> >     <filter-class>org.apache.tiles.web.startup.TilesFilter</filter-class>
> >     <async-supported>true</async-supported>
> >   </filter>
> >
> >   <filter-mapping>
> >     <filter-name>Tiles Filter</filter-name>
> >     <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
> >     <dispatcher>REQUEST,FORWARD,ASYNC</dispatcher>
> >   </filter-mapping>
> >
> >    <listener>
> >    <listener-class>
> >       org.apache.struts2.tiles.StrutsTilesListener
> >    </listener-class>
> >    </listener>
> >
> > Please let me know how to configure correctly so that I can use both s1 and s2 during
migration so that we can test functionality as we migrate each module.