struts-user mailing list archives

From Yasser Zamani <yasserzam...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Java 11 support
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2019 13:10:35 GMT

Fortunately it seems it isn't required. Locally all tests are passing here with all java versions
(7,8,9,11) for [1].

Kind Regards.

[1] https://github.com/apache/struts/pull/315
"According to ASM7's source codes, it seems it uses passed api version only to check if it
should throw an unsupported exception or not (i.e. doesn't have any effect on functionality
and somehow is just a validation). So, as we upgrade to asm.version=7.0 for default then I
think it's OK to upgrade Opcodes.ASM5 to Opcodes.ASM7 as well. It only breaks when user manually
exclude ASM7 dependency with an older version which is not usually expected."