struts-user mailing list archives

From Yasser Zamani <yasserzam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java 11 support
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2019 10:30:27 GMT

On 1/24/2019 10:28 AM, Lukasz Lenart wrote:
> śr., 23 sty 2019 o 15:49 Yasser Zamani <yasserzamani@apache.org> napisał(a):
>> I'm not sure if I get your point correctly but I didn't change `target` in [1].
>>
>> If you meant the user's itself java 11 compiled classes structure, to double verify
if it works, with [1]'s local branch with a few local changes into showcase app, I compiled
showcase app into a war file with JDK11. Inside the war file, I verified that showcase classes
are compiled with JDK11 and WEB-INF\lib\struts-convention-plugin.jar classes are compiled
with JDK7 (via viewing their .class files first 8 bytes) i.e. similar to Sebastian case. I
then deployed that war into tomcat starting with java 11. I saw it launched with no error
and I saw it's bean-validation-example.action (a convention configured action) works fine.

> I think the proper test case scenario is as follow:
> - build Struts with  JDK7 (or JDK8 as we are going to use Java 8 in Struts 2.6)
> - prepare a Convention based Struts app
> - build the app use JDK 11 (with target set to Java 11)
> - start the app and see if all the actions were properly initialised
>
> Issue isn't with building Struts itself under JDK11 but with using
> Struts in Java 11 based application (where the source is compiled with
> JDK11)

Yes I already got the issue. As I illustrated above, I think I already
done your proposed test scenario. As I illustrated above, I had compiled
Struts showcase app with JDK11 source and target but had compiled the
rest modules (including core and plugins and etc) with JDK7 source and
target. I even had verified this in struts-showcase.war via viewing
.class files raw first 8 bytes. This same struts-showcase.war with
current 2.5 branch logs same errors which Sebastian and Paul reported.
But this same struts-showcase.war with my proposed PR launches with no
error in output and convention-based actions of it works fine.

Regards.