struts-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java 11 support
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2019 06:58:37 GMT
śr., 23 sty 2019 o 15:49 Yasser Zamani <yasserzamani@apache.org> napisał(a):
> I'm not sure if I get your point correctly but I didn't change `target` in [1].
>
> If you meant the user's itself java 11 compiled classes structure, to double verify if
it works, with [1]'s local branch with a few local changes into showcase app, I compiled showcase
app into a war file with JDK11. Inside the war file, I verified that showcase classes are
compiled with JDK11 and WEB-INF\lib\struts-convention-plugin.jar classes are compiled with
JDK7 (via viewing their .class files first 8 bytes) i.e. similar to Sebastian case. I then
deployed that war into tomcat starting with java 11. I saw it launched with no error and I
saw it's bean-validation-example.action (a convention configured action) works fine.

I think the proper test case scenario is as follow:
- build Struts with  JDK7 (or JDK8 as we are going to use Java 8 in Struts 2.6)
- prepare a Convention based Struts app
- build the app use JDK 11 (with target set to Java 11)
- start the app and see if all the actions were properly initialised

Issue isn't with building Struts itself under JDK11 but with using
Struts in Java 11 based application (where the source is compiled with
JDK11)

Regards
--
Łukasz