struts-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Map backed form
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2019 13:45:09 GMT
pt., 15 lut 2019 o 00:17 Prasanth <dbadmin@pangburngroup.com> napisał(a):
> I have a map (Map<Long, Double>) but based on the data entered by the user the
value in the Map is Double or String. Example if the user enters a value of 10 then it is
coming in as double but if the
> user enters 10.5 then a string is present in the value. Does Struts2 look at the data
types of the key and value of the map and set the key and values in the map accordingly?

Struts is not a problem here, generic types are erased at runtime, so
basically this a Map<Object, Object> at the end
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/generics/erasure.html

> If not, what is the best practice for the declaration of Map, is there a way to force
Struts2 to only have Double objects as values?

I would probably use a custom type instead of Double and implement
converter for it, or even replace the Map with a List of custom
objects.

Regards
--
Łukasz