struts-user mailing list archives

From Prasanth <dbad...@pangburngroup.com>
Subject Struts2 Checkboxlist
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2019 21:37:56 GMT
Hi,

I am using a checkboxlist on a jsp page which corresponds to a ArrayList in the form class,
which is used to store form data from a multi page wizard. I am using scope interceptor to
store the form
class in session so that the data persists as the user navigates the wizard. When the user
selects some check boxes it is correctly populated in the form class but if the user navigates
back in the
wizard and unchecks the check box (non of the check boxes selected) struts doesn't set the
ArrayList to empty. It will still contain the old selection. What is the best way to solve
this issue?

My Options:
1. Should I use Preparable and set this ArrayList to empty? Since this is a wizard (multiple
pages submitting to the same action) have to make sure it is done only when submitting the
page that have
these checkboxes.
2. Create two separate ArrayLists, one to get values from Struts and another to save the original
selection and clear the first array list. Down side is I need to populate the list linked
to the form
when user navigates back to that page.

Neither of them seem elegant. Is there a way to make struts set the ArrayList to empty when
user doesn't select any check box?

Using Struts 2.3.35

Thanks,
Prasanth