struts-user mailing list archives

From Prasanth <dbad...@pangburngroup.com>
Subject Re: HashMap with String as key
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2019 22:13:56 GMT
The html form generated is correctly showing the key but the hashmap doesn't have a value for
22419-23545 when the form is submitted.

<input name="accountAllocation[22419-23545]" size="3" value="" id="AccountAllocations_accountAllocation_22419-23545_"
class="inline-input" type="text"> Thanks, Prasanth

On 3/12/19 9:26 AM, Prasanth Pasala wrote:
> Lukasz,
>
> There is no new keys in the hash map. The hash map is not updated at all. Before the
form is displayed to the user, the hash map is populated based on the data in the database.
These values are
> correctly displayed to the user in the text fields. But when the form is submitted by
the user the data doesn't get populated in the hash map. Only the data I have populated in
the hash map is present
> (as the model class is stored in session using scope interceptor) doesn't matter what
values I type in the text fields.

> Yasser,  That is right the key is a string, not long.
>
> Also as I was testing this (having keys with and with out hyphen) I realized that any
values that I have added to hash map before showing the form are still in the map. The new
values from the form
> (keys without hyphen) got added to the hash map. I was under the impression that struts
would set a new hash map with just the keys present in the form.

> Thanks,
> Prasanth
>
> On 3/12/19 4:12 AM, Yasser Zamani wrote:
>> (regarding your previous emails background) Please also consider that the key 2432-123
is not further Long. It's String.