struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <davelnew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrating from Struts 1.2 to recent Struts
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2019 12:47:06 GMT
On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 5:41 PM davidrobertwoosley@gmail.com <
davidrobertwoosley@gmail.com> wrote:

> The application uses 270 Tiles-based JSPs. It's a huge, complex user
> interface. How would you approach that?

Honestly, I wouldn't--unless there's an overwhelmingly good reason to
essentially re-write the app, I wouldn't.

If I *had* to, I would run two apps in parallel and convert things over one
page at a time.

My own preference would be to keep most of the business logic "as-is" and
expose an API and convert the front end to a client-side framework (e.g.,
React/Vue).

Dave