struts-user mailing list archives

From Prasanth <dbad...@pangburngroup.com>
Subject Re: HashMap with String as key
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2019 20:31:43 GMT
Sorry if I caused any confusion. This thread was meant to discuss String keys.  I do have
forms where I am using numeric keys and they work fine.

I think I found a solution to my problem. Struts seems to expect single quotes for the keys
when the key is string. Updated code is shown below. Also I changed my separator to "a" rather
than "-".  So
the two changes I have made are i) change separator to "a" ii) use single quotes around the
key when specifying the name for text field.

JSP:
<s:textfield name="accountAllocation[*'*%{#attr.mapKey}*'*]" size="3" cssClass="inline-input"/>

Resulting HTML:
<input name="accountAllocation['22419a23543']" size="3" value="50" id="AccountAllocations_accountAllocation_'22419a23543'_"
class="inline-input" type="text">

Appreciate the input from everyone.

Thanks, Prasanth