struts-user mailing list archives

From jcyh24...@yahoo.ca.INVALID
Subject Re: Invalid Field Value when using Map
Date Sat, 22 Jun 2019 04:47:41 GMT
Hi Prasanth.

Do you have a small reproducer application available to demonstrate the behaviour ?  There
might be something relevant in the configuration and setup too.

The behaviour you're seeing could have something to do with the @Element annotations identifying
the types involved.  Maybe you can work-around the issue by providing explicit getters/setters
using String values and perform direct type-conversions in those methods ?

Maybe another user has a suggestion (and if there's a reproducer application can comment further).

Regards,
James.

On 2019/06/17 16:21:55, Prasanth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a form that uses maps to store data as shown below. When the user enters valid
numbers it works as expected, but when > user enters non digit characters in the text field
a String object is saved
> in the map rather than showing a "Invalid field value for field <field name>" message
which is done for basic data types like