struts-user mailing list archives

From Prasanth <dbad...@pangburngroup.com>
Subject Re: Invalid Field Value when using Map
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2019 13:57:08 GMT
Hi Yasser,

The conversion error occurs when the field is not a map. I have a form with int/long fields,
if the user enters non numeric value the form display error.

The actions are validation aware and the control does come to validation method. It is in
the validation method that I usually get exceptions  as the code is expecting to have a Double
but the type of
the object in the map is a String. I have tried to check in the validate method if the object
is of type Double and if it is not a Double add a field error. When I do that OGNL seems to
have an issue
when displaying the input form with the values in the map. Seems like OGNL is now expecting
a Double value and is not able to handle a String object being present in the map. The JSP
stops at the
field which has String value.

So even if I add additional validations to make sure all values in the map are Doubles it
would still cause a problem as Struts would not be able to display the input form.

Thanks,
Prasanth