struts-user mailing list archives

From Zahid Rahman <zahidr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Black Box Tesing v White Box Testing
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2019 08:28:51 GMT
On one occasion I had to make use of external procedure (dynamic link
library (DLL)) on a database.

The Oracle  documents showed,Oracle database provides two ways of
interacting with host operating system.
PL/SQL which can create and write files to disk or a developer can create
dll (in C or other 3rd generation language).

There were code example in the documents  showing how to use PL/SQL for one
way interaction with OS , but no example showing C dll interface code .Any
way I decided to give it go nonetheless.

The first problem was every time I tried to install the C/C++ IDE. It would
crash with an incomprehensible error message  i.e. ("OX56F...).

Then I asked myself how did the IDE vendor compile the ide on that
operating.

I asked my internal support staff for any patches for available. It was a
fully licenced environment, so he had a CD delivered with the patches. I
loaded the patches and the IDE installed with out any issues.

Then the DLL wouldn't produce the expected results.

I contacted Oracle  support because we had a support contract.  The
Database Vendor support said we don't support it on that operating system.
Hmmm...

So it would appear the reason there was no sample code in the documents is
because the database vendor couldn't  install the IDE.