struts-user mailing list archives

From Zahid Rahman <zahidr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Java Singleton , Framework Design Patterns
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2019 05:13:07 GMT
Hi,

It is my understanding  that Design Patterns like the Java singleton is
used by framework developers. I.e. the Bean is a singleton.

It is also my assumption that the Java Singleton came in to being because
Java is a  network centric ground up construction.

I don't think I will ever use  the keywords singleton or instanceof as an
application developer. It is my view that the intended audience for these
language features are framework developers not application developers.

I have purchased a number of books, all are incorrect and misleading if my
view correct.

I don't believe these language features came into being as "acts of God" ,
but scientific realisations that these features are required.

So my point is I have not been able to find accurate information , if some
one could furnish me a Java language specification or recommend  a book
which accurately describes these I would be grateful.

I feel this would be the right place to seek such information because
there are framework developers  here.

Regards

Zahid