struts-user mailing list archives

From John Bush <jtb...@mchsi.com>
Subject Re: convention plugin Issue
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2019 05:59:21 GMT
Overriding methods *is **a valid feature* in Java and probably all
object oriented languages. I'm confident, even at that lowest level, you
wouldn't be able to avoid methods being overridden. Above those layers
of code you have many more layers of code to provide the ability to
communicate with and over web technologies. Again with a high
probability of more methods being overridden. Eventually you get to the
Struts framework which is not flat. It is again layers of code, with
again a high probability of more methods being overridden.

IMHO A developer needs to understand the technology stack used including
the order of classpaths searched at execution time. A framework is
intended to help you do a job which implies you know what it's doing.

John