struts-user mailing list archives

From amit vijayvargee <amitvijayvar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tiles upgrade Path
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2020 13:02:52 GMT
Thanks Lukasz  for your quick response.

Whilst building the struts 2.5.20 with struts tiles plug-in, I'm getting apache tiles 3.0.8
version jars. As you aware of apache tiles project is out of support now. Is there any future
plan to remove these dependency from struts?

Due to this apache tiles out of support issue we can't upgrade application to newer version
of struts.
Any help or suggestion would be really appreciated.

Regards
Amit V

On 2020/03/23 09:51:27, Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlenart@apache.org> wrote:
> pon., 23 mar 2020 o 10:41 amit vijayvargee <amitvijayvargee@gmail.com>
> napisał(a):
> > We are currently looking to migrate struts 2.3 and tiles 2 to newer version. As
per the security scan, existing tiles (2.0) version is deprecated and reported some vulnerability
in it.
> > Could you please help to answer following queries?
> > •       Possible options to migrate to newer version, we are planning to upgrade
to struts 2.5 with tiles plugin, please confirm
> > •       Any migration documentation or reference link would be helpful
> > •       Any challenges/issues during the upgrade cycle?
>
> Have you read this
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Struts+2.3+to+2.5+migration
> ?
>
> > •       Support lifecycle & maintainability of struts2-tiles-plugin
>
> Same as Struts
>
> > •       As per the maven repository struts2-tiles-plugin has only compile tile
dependency upon tiles-jars (core, api etc..) and doesn’t required to bundle with the deployable
artifact (.war)?