struts-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Struts 1 -> Struts 2 migration session parameters not found
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2020 18:31:20 GMT
czw., 27 sie 2020 o 13:17 Natta Wang <xenogew@gmail.com> napisał(a):

> I start to migrate from Struts 1 to Struts 2 and found a problem that I want to ask for
help with the session.

> In Struts 1 web.xml, I have a Filter class that maps to servlet and when it be called,
it will set a parameter with an object.

> All Struts 1 JSP pages can access the session that has those parameters, and what I did
to the new Action class of Struts 2 is implements with SessionAware,
> in the class if found session object by ServletActionContext.getRequest().getSession(),
but cannot found the parameter with the parameter name that I expected it has.

> What I tried is added new filter-mapping in the web.xml file, which map url-pattern to
Struts 2 Action class (same with that mapped to servlet I mentioned above), hope it will be
called when opening with a specific URL but I failed as it comes out like the not set version.

> Can someone guide me on how to make the session and all parameters visible in the Action
class and JSP page?

> And one more thing, I use <s:include> the header page and header page also refers
to those session parameters. Do I need to implement any configuration to make header JSP can
access the session?

By using SessionAware, the session is going to be injected in your
action [1], in tags or JSPs you can use a named scope #session [2] to
access the attributes. But please be aware that Struts2 won't create
the session if it doesn't exist. You must use Session Create
Interceptor [3] to forcly create the session.

[1] https://struts.apache.org/core-developers/servlet-config-interceptor.html
[2] https://struts.apache.org/tag-developers/ognl-basics#struts-2-named-objects
[3] https://struts.apache.org/core-developers/create-session-interceptor.html

Regards