struts-user mailing list archives

From James Chaplin <jchap...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issue in migration from struts2.3.35 to struts2.5.22
Date Sun, 01 Nov 2020 22:26:30 GMT
Hello Peer.

I am not sure if any of these suggestions will help or not, but you never know.

There is a blog post (http://www.programmers-code.org/2017/10/23/struts-tiles-locale-resolver-cannot-obtain-httpservletrequest/)
that mentions receiving similar errors due to request.getAttribute("x") calls within the JSPs.
 You can check your application's JSPs to see if you have any similar direct calls, and try
what the blog suggests (replace request with requestScope), to see if it makes any difference.

There is a commented-out Tiles 1-or-2 context-param entry in the application's web.xml from
your earlier mailing list post.  It probably will not make a difference, but you could try
explicitly setting the Tiles 3 equivalent:

<context-param>
    <param-name>org.apache.tiles.definition.DefinitionsFactory.DEFINITIONS_CONFIG</param-name>
    <param-value>/WEB-INF/tiles.xml</param-value>
</context-param>

in the application's web.xml and see if it makes any difference in the application's behaviour.

The error you are getting indicates that the StrutsTilesLocaleResolver for the Struts 2 Tiles
Plugin cannot locate the ActionContext for the request.  That could mean that processing is
somehow ending up at one of your JSPs without following the normal action execution path.
 You might try increasing the log levels to DEBUG temporarily to see if that turns up any
information that might help.

Another suggestion is that you could try temporarily changing your application's configuration
to use the "defaultStack" interceptor stack (and then add any custom interceptors you need),
to see if that makes any difference.  There maybe something subtle with the interceptors (or
ordering) that is impacting processing, and the struts.xml from your earlier post has custom
interceptor stacks, so going back to the basic defaults might help you debug further.

Regards,

James.

On 2020/11/01 11:05:43, Peer Mohammad <peer4026@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have not used Xwork, index.jsp has <tiles:inserDefinition name="cheetta.login" flush="true"/>
and cheetta.login is given in struts.xml with action class.This setup is working last 7 years
on struts2.3.35 .