subversion-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Ivan Zhakov (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Comment Edited] (SVN-3829) 64-bit Subversion crashes on Mac OS X
Date Sun, 18 Oct 2015 12:43:05 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-3829?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14929964#comment-14929964
] 

Ivan Zhakov edited comment on SVN-3829 at 10/18/15 12:43 PM:
-------------------------------------------------------------

I asked about the status of the APR bug on dev@apr.apache.org, and learned that a fix had
been 
committed, but not yet released.



was (Author: hwright):
{noformat:nopanel=true}
I asked about the status of the APR bug on dev@apr.apache.org, and learned that a fix had
been 
committed, but not yet released.
{noformat}


> 64-bit Subversion crashes on Mac OS X
> -------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SVN-3829
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-3829
>             Project: Subversion
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: unknown
>    Affects Versions: 1.6.x
>         Environment: Mac OS X
>            Reporter: Subversion Importer
>             Fix For: unscheduled
>
>
> Using the 'svn mkdir' command against a 1.5/1.6 format repository via ra_local (i.e.
with a file:// URL) with 64-bit Subversion on Mac OS X results in a segmentation fault. This
100% reproducible both with 'svn' in Terminal and when loaded as a library in our Cocoa application.
> We first detected this behavior in 1.6.14.
> We are building against the Mac OS X 10.5 SDK. We build 3-way universal libraries for
Subversion (x86, ppc and X86_64). We have only seen this crash in the 64-bit Intel version
running on Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
> Here is relevant portion of the backtrace generated with gdb:
> {noformat}
> #0  0x00007fff881d1160 in strlen ()
> #1  0x00000001147a0bff in apr_vformatter ()
> #2  0x00000001147adeda in apr_pvsprintf ()
> #3  0x00000001147ae1c8 in apr_psprintf ()
> #4  0x00000001146587f0 in representation_string ()
> #5  0x0000000114658a2d in svn_fs_fs__write_noderev ()
> #6  0x0000000114658de2 in svn_fs_fs__put_node_revision ()
> #7  0x000000011465d0a3 in create_new_txn_noderev_from_rev ()
> #8  0x000000011465d81b in svn_fs_fs__create_txn ()
> #9  0x0000000114663c09 in svn_fs_fs__begin_txn ()
> #10 0x000000011466fda3 in svn_fs_begin_txn2 ()
> #11 0x00000001146a5613 in svn_repos_fs_begin_txn_for_commit2 ()
> #12 0x00000001146a19bd in open_root ()
> #13 0x0000000114643e5c in svn_delta_path_driver ()
> #14 0x0000000114603e42 in mkdir_urls ()
> #15 0x0000000114604017 in svn_client_mkdir3 ()
> #16 0x0000000114613a33 in svn_client_mkdir2 ()
> {noformat}
> The URL passed to svn_client_mkdir2() is:
> file:///Users/me/Dev/Test%20Data/Repositories/fsfs-1.5/test
> Here are the gcc arguments used to build the 64-bit version:
> {noformat}
> gcc \
>  -DDARWIN \
>  -DSIGPROCMASK_SETS_THREAD_MASK \
>  -no-cpp-precomp  \
>  -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -arch x86_64 \
>  -I./subversion/include \
>  -I./subversion \
>  -I~/Subversion/1.6.16/source/x86_64/apr/include \
>  -I~/Subversion/1.6.16/source/x86_64/apr-util/include \
>  -I~/Subversion/1.6.16/source/x86_64/neon/src \
>  -I~/Subversion/1.6.16/build/x86_64/include/neon \
>  -I~/Subversion/1.6.16/source/x86_64/sqlite-amalgamation
> {noformat}
> The environment/arguments passed to configure are:
> {noformat}
> ARCHFLAGS="-arch x86_64"
> CFLAGS="-isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -arch x86_64"
> LDFLAGS="-Wl,-syslibroot,/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -arch x86_64"
> MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.5
> ./configure --with-ssl --with-apxs=no --disable-shared --enable-threadsafe-ssl
> {noformat}
> We build against the APR and Neon versions included with the Subversion dependencies
download.
> The GCC version used is i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1.
> I posted this information to dev@subversion.apache.org for feedback. Stefan Sperling
<stsp@elego.de> requested that I file an issue.
> Original issue reported by *sepwilson*



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message