subversion-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Sannier <obo...@free.fr>
Subject How to know if a file was ever in the repository
Date Sun, 22 Nov 2009 21:42:41 GMT
Hello all,

I'm wondering if there is a possibility to know if a file was present in
a repository at any given time, even if it was deleted later on.
Basically, if I had this URL :

http://host/myrepos/folder/to/file/myfile.txt

I would like a command, or series of command that could tell me if the
file was ever present, even if it is presently absent from HEAD.
Then end goal is to avoid readding a file that got removed without
actually reading the log message for its removal.
Ideally, this series of command would work for folders as well.

Thanks for any suggestion
Cheers
Olivier