subversion-users mailing list archives

From David Aldrich <David.Aldr...@EU.NEC.COM>
Subject Auto-props - can I override the config file?
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2010 11:39:03 GMT
Hi

Our svn config file contains the line:

*.v = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Date Author Id Revision HeadURL

This assumes that .v files are Verilog text files.  However, one of our developers has a third
party encrypted .v file that he wants to add. The file is binary because it is encrypted.
This causes a conflict with the eol-style auto-prop and he gets error:

"myfile.v has binary mime type property"

and the commit fails.

My question is, can I set properties on the file's parent folder to override the auto-prop
settings in the config file for *.v files, such that the eol-style will not be applied to
*.v files added to that folder?

Or can I set properties on the file prior to committing it, in such a way that the auto-props
will be ignored?

Best regards

David