subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Marver" <jmar...@serlio.com>
Subject file:/// protocol based svn repository questions
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:30:33 GMT
Hi all,

We're using SharpSVN.SvnReposito‚ÄčryClient.CreateRepos‚Äčitory to create file:/// protocol
based svn repositories on shared Windows network drives. Can anyone tell me the exact permissions
a Windows user will need to fully interact with the repository? We're recently run into a
user that was able to lock a file but couldn't do a commit, the error indicated that the commit
failed and a .tmp file couldn't be moved since it already existed in txn-current? The customer
indicated that they had read and write access??

Also, I've seen quite a few posts on the Internet suggesting that sharing a file:/// protocol
based svn repository is not recommended for multiple users and even discouraged. Can anyone
confirm or refute this information?

Thanks!

Jeff