subversion-users mailing list archives

From Paul Decker <kg...@comcast.net>
Subject svn usage tips
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 18:07:17 GMT

Hi list,

I recently changed jobs and went from a cvs house to a svn house.   They have many projects
and have an extensive shared source base.   I would like to know if there is a way to setup
to check out a list of folders or files.   In other words, for each project, I want to check
out only files that are directly related to that project rather than evey file which is in
the shared directory.

ie.

projects\

\display

\display2

\display3

\comm

\usb

\tcp

\keyboard

\spi

\i2c

\flash

\eeprom

Some projects use {display, comm, keyboard, spi } while other projects use {display, usb,
spi, flash }   currently, the only way of working is to check out all folders.

Is there a better way to work?

thanks,

Paul