subversion-users mailing list archives

From Xavier Noria <...@hashref.com>
Subject weird merge
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:09:49 GMT
I am using 1.6 and was told that nowadays explicit revision numbers
are not needed for branching merging in the most common use case at
least.

That is, after you create branch b from trunk, you work on b,
occasionally you sync with trunk this way:

    cd b
    svn merge ^/trunk .

and when you are done in b finally

    cd trunk
    svn merge --reintegrate ^/branches/b .

First, that is correct right?

Alright, assuming it is, I've tried this in the project I am working on, and

    svn merge ^/trunk .

instead of being silent says

    --- Merging r2 through r2909 into '.'

and then a ton of tree conflicts appear. But that is kind of weird
because this project is at revision ~28000, why a range from 2 to
2909?

I am not into svn and do not know what to do. Can anyone guess what
could be happening?