subversion-users mailing list archives

From "C. Michael Pilato" <cmpil...@collab.net>
Subject Re: unable edit existing log message
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 20:58:41 GMT
Subversion is going to try to execute the script as "pre-revprop-change".
Unlike on Windows where file extensions carry such valuable information as
"This can be executed" (.EXE, .COM) and "What kind of program or script is
this" (.BAT versus .EXE), to a Unix-y shell interpreter file extensions mean
nothing.  So it's safe (required, even, in Subversion's eyes) to name your
script "pre-revprop-change" -- with no extension -- and include a hint to
the shell interpreter as to which program to use to parse that sucker in the
shebang line (the first line of the script):

   #!/bin/sh
   # Here's my pre-revprop-change hook script blah blah
   # blah...

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato@collab.net>