subversion-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Sannier <obo...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Tigris binary packages for Windows
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 06:57:07 GMT
Troy Simpson wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I can still build the installer, but I have never built binaries.  The
> installer code in the repository is NOT the latest code.  I had lost
> commit access for a time during the transition and by the time I got
> that access back there are no more binaries, so it has been pointless
> to continue development.  If someone could produce binaries I could
> get the installer back on track, otherwise it’s not worth spending any
> time on if the project will not support (as in supply) windows binaries.
>

> I was advised to discuss this on the dev list, which is what I did,
> however there has been zero response.  There is more discussion on the
> user end than the developer end.  If anyone in user-land has the
> capability to construct the binaries in a similar fashion to the way
> they were produced before, I for one would bring this to the attention
> of the developer list if nobody else does.  It is my opinion that the
> project should have a ‘supported’ release to assist with bug finding
> and to provide end-users with a standard base-level release.

So the situation is as follows:

The previous builder (DJ Heap?) does not have the time to build the
Win32 binaries anymore.
I, for one, could dedicate a few hours to create the latest ones and the
next ones as well. It does not seem too much complicated to build them.
What I'm lacking is a description of what to run and in what order.
I mean, there are Python scripts related to win32 in the build folder,
but I am not sure what they are doing. Having a simple "step by step"
guide would actually save time.
Is there a way to ask the previous builder to at least document this?

Regards
Olivier