subversion-users mailing list archives

From David Darj <...@alagazam.net>
Subject Re: Tigris binary packages for Windows
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 18:42:09 GMT
On 2010-03-02 07:57, Olivier Sannier wrote:
> Troy Simpson wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I can still build the installer, but I have never built binaries.
>> The installer code in the repository is NOT the latest code.  I had
>> lost commit access for a time during the transition and by the time I
>> got that access back there are no more binaries, so it has been
>> pointless to continue development.  If someone could produce binaries
>> I could get the installer back on track, otherwise it’s not worth
>> spending any time on if the project will not support (as in supply)
>> windows binaries.
>>
>> I was advised to discuss this on the dev list, which is what I did,
>> however there has been zero response.  There is more discussion on
>> the user end than the developer end.  If anyone in user-land has the
>> capability to construct the binaries in a similar fashion to the way
>> they were produced before, I for one would bring this to the
>> attention of the developer list if nobody else does.  It is my
>> opinion that the project should have a ‘supported’ release to assist
>> with bug finding and to provide end-users with a standard base-level
>> release.
>>
> So the situation is as follows:
>
> The previous builder (DJ Heap?) does not have the time to build the
> Win32 binaries anymore.
> I, for one, could dedicate a few hours to create the latest ones and
> the next ones as well. It does not seem too much complicated to build
> them.
> What I'm lacking is a description of what to run and in what order.
> I mean, there are Python scripts related to win32 in the build folder,
> but I am not sure what they are doing. Having a simple "step by step"
> guide would actually save time.
> Is there a way to ask the previous builder to at least document this?
>
> Regards
> Olivier

There is instructions how to build Win32 binaries in the INSTALL file.
However, I tried twice (once at work and once at home) and failed with
compilation errors. Maybe because of using wrong version of dependencies
or wrong parameters to the build scripts.
And I havn't had the time to track those errors down to their source.

I have a virtual machine I can use for the build process.
I too would be very happy if DJ could come up with a detailed
description of his build process.
Then I would gladly take over and build upcoming versions for the community.

/David