subversion-users mailing list archives

From "J. Bakshi" <joyd...@infoservices.in>
Subject Re: strange problem with subversion merge
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 05:34:02 GMT
On 03/02/2010 07:48 PM, Giulio Troccoli wrote:

>> ````````````````
>> svn merge --dry-run -r 490:491 trunk/typo3conf/ branches/bug/
>> Skipped missing target: 'branches/bug/localconf.php'
>> ```````````
>>
> But these commands are not the same.
>
> >From your previous email I understand the bug branch was created as a copy of trunk.
What you're trying here is to merge the changes in trunk/typo3conf to a copy of trunk, instead
of a copy of trunk/typo3conf.

You are absolute correct. the bug branch is a copy of trunk and it has
been created to do the bug fixing. Once done then it should be allowed
to merge into trunk. Please suggest how can I achieve this. Meanwhile I
am going to five a read to the link you have mentioned here.

Thanks

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.branchmerge.html

--
জয়দীপ বক্সী