subversion-users mailing list archives

From "J. Bakshi" <joyd...@infoservices.in>
Subject Re: strange problem with subversion merge
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 07:29:41 GMT
On 03/03/2010 11:04 AM, J. Bakshi wrote:

>>> ````````````````
>>> svn merge --dry-run -r 490:491 trunk/typo3conf/ branches/bug/
>>> Skipped missing target: 'branches/bug/localconf.php'
>>> ```````````
>>>

>> But these commands are not the same.
>>
>> >From your previous email I understand the bug branch was created as a copy of
trunk. What you're trying here is to merge the changes in trunk/typo3conf to a copy of trunk,
instead of a copy of trunk/typo3conf.

> You are absolute correct. the bug branch is a copy of trunk and it has
> been created to do the bug fixing. Once done then it should be allowed
> to merge into trunk. Please suggest how can I achieve this. Meanwhile I
> am going to five a read to the link you have mentioned here.
>
> Thanks

Dear Giulio Troccoli,

Thanks a lot. I have gone through the link you have provided and now the
merge is working well :-) That link gives very good clarification. Do
you have any experience to work with esvn or aptana ? I don't  know how
merging works with these GUI based tool and looking for the info.
Anyways, thanks a lot once more.

Wish you a great day.

--
জয়দীপ বক্সী