subversion-users mailing list archives

From Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>
Subject Re: SVN and NTFS - illegal character ':' in filename
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 01:21:59 GMT
On 03/23/2010 08:04 AM, Markus Fried wrote:
> Hi Ryan,
>
> it's not a file I put into SVN that causes the problem - it seems that SVN attached a
kind of time stamp for one of its book keeping files in the .svn folder.

As others have stated, that file is something checked into svn.

What svn does is save a pristine copy of the file in the .svn folder but
appends the ".svn-base" to its name, so it's natural to think it's
something that svn maintains for itself, but in this case the root cause
is a poorly named file checked into svn.

Regards,
Blair