subversion-users mailing list archives

From Bob Archer <Bob.Arc...@amsi.com>
Subject RE: ignore local change
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 17:01:51 GMT
> I have some local changes that I want to keep, and wish they did not show
> up in svn status.
>
> For example,
> on production
>          mail = "#users_real_email#"
> on dev machine
>          mail = "#fake_email_for_debugging#"
>
> I want subversion to ignore this difference when I do "svn status"
> locally.
>
> < mail = "#users_real_email#"
> ---
> > mail = "#fake_email_for_debugging#"
>

> But if there are other changes except for this, I want them to show upon
> "svn status".
>
> There is a need to change the file from time to time, so I don't want to
> put the whole file in svn:ignore list.
>

> Is there a feature in subversion or subversion-perl that allows me to let
> subversion "ignore" only certain differences within a file?

I think the most common way people do this is to create a template file and keep that in subversion.
When a dev pulls down a working copy, they would copy the template file to the correct file
name and edit it with their email address for example.

http://subversion.apache.org/faq.html#ignore-commit

BOb