subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Curley, John" <John.Cur...@windriver.com>
Subject RE: @ the turkey who compiled OSX svn 1.6 with hardcoded path of /opt/subversion...
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 20:56:53 GMT
This may not be the right forum and I apologize for that, but here goes.

1st, thank you Jeremy!

2nd, from a sysadmin perspective, I appreciate that the installation
process doesn't presume to know where everything goes. Having one
complete install structure has several advantage, like seeing how big it
is. I simply created links to the binaries in
/opt/CollabNet_Subversion/bin, in my preferred binary path, /usr/bin/.

3rd, If your OS uses something like rpm, (Linux RH4 in my case), I used
the --relocate function to put the binaries in /usr/bin (on my desktop).

Cheers!
John