subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: using PSexec to remotely run svnserver
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 17:59:52 GMT

On Mar 23, 2010, at 12:40, yary wrote:

> I'm using Subversion in a windows shop. We have a FSFS repository that
> we're accessing via XP's filesharing (file: URLs with UNC paths).

You should stop doing so immediately and set up a proper server. Any user with direct file:-protocol
access to the repository can access any part of it (bypassing any path-based security you've
put in place) and can even delete the entire repository (accidentally or intentionally).

> Company policy won't allow us to install ssh/sshd, or to run any new
> services such as apache or svnserver as a deamon.

Company policy is preventing you from using the tools necessary to do your job. Change the
company policy.