subversion-users mailing list archives

From John McMorris <j...@surfok.net>
Subject Re: URL does not exist
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 13:48:25 GMT
When I commit, save, and exit:

svn: URL 'Directory Name' does not exist
svn: Your commit message was left in a temporary file:
svn:    'svn-commit.tmp'

trying %2520:

svn: URL 'Directory%20Name' does not exist
svn: Your commit message was left in a temporary file:
svn:    'svn-commit.2.tmp'

On Mar 1, 2010, at 7:37 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Mar 1, 2010, at 07:32, John McMorris wrote:
>
>> -Not a working copy, on the Repository, I was going to do a first import after creating
a directory for it.
>> -I created and deleted using RapidSVN on a MAC
>> -svn list svn://localhost/SVN_REP
>>
>> APIs/
>> Installs/
>> Directory%20Name/
>> Client/
>> docs/
>>
>> -RapidSVN produces this error:
>>
>> "Error while performing action: URL 'Directory Name' does not exist"
>
> I don't know anything about RapidSVN, but it sounds like the directory name in the repository
might not be "Directory Name" but might in fact be "Directory%20Name". I don't know how that
would have come to pass if you didn't mean for that to occur, but perhaps RapidSVN does not
properly handle items whose names contain spaces.

>> -svn delete svn://localhost/SVN_REP/Directory%20Name       puts me in Joe's Editor
with the following:

>> --This line, and those below, will be ignored--
>>
>> D    svn://localhost/SVN_REP/Directory%20Name
>
> And what happens when you enter a commit message, save, and close? Does the commit succeed
or do you get the error that "Directory Name" does not exist? If so, try: