subversion-users mailing list archives

From Remi <rverch...@gmail.com>
Subject svnserve and ldap status ?
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:00:09 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to set up svnserve to work with ldap using sasl. But actually it
can't get it work.

Since svn 1.6.5, svnserve should work with sasl. From
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/tags/1.6.5/CHANGES, I read :
 * allow PLAIN and LOGIN mechanisms with SASL in svnserve (r38205)

I've read many things about ldap/sasl/svnserve on the network, but I cannot
find a correct configuration.

1) saslauth (using config file /etc/saslauthd.conf).
My saslauth config is correct, as I can use testsaslauthd successfully

2) svnserve
Here is my config files for svn serve to work with sasl :

2.a) svnserve.conf
anon-access = none
auth-access = write
[sasl]
use-sasl = true

2.b) /usr/lib/sasl2/svn.conf
sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
auxprop_plugin: sasldb
mech_list: LOGIN

When I try to checkout files, I get this error :
svn: Authentication error from server: SASL(-13): user not found: checkpass
failed

When I change mech_list to PLAIN, I get this error :
svn: Authentication error from server: SASL(-13): user not found: Password
verification failed

Does anyone set up this kind of configuration successfully ? Please say yes
and provide config ;)

Regards,

Remi