subversion-users mailing list archives

From Johannes Graumann <johannes_graum...@web.de>
Subject svn-fast-backup: return value differentiation between serious failure and existing revision?
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 08:43:28 GMT
Hi,

I'm scripting the nightly backup of my subversion repositories via 'svn-
fast-backup'. I started out summing up the return values of all invocations
in the script, intending to trigger an email if the sum is != 0, which means
I would have to have a closer look. This strategy is problematic though, as
'svn-fast-backup' also returns 1 if the repository wasn't modified since the
last backup and 'svn-fast-backup' exits with the message that the last
existing revision is already backuped - which is not a "real" problem at
all.
Can anyone point out a strategy on how to distinguish whether 'svn-fast-
backup' shut down for this benign reason or for something serious?

Thanks for any hints, Joh