subversion-users mailing list archives

From Arpad Ilia <iar...@inf.u-szeged.hu>
Subject Re: merge and branch questions
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 07:40:35 GMT
You can use 'svn merge' to merge changesets from the branch back into the trunk. You can also
use reintegrate and still keep the branch, though it is not a very good idea since later trunk->branch

synchronizations will cause lots of conflicts, as svn will try to merge the reintegration
changeset into the branch. However this can be circumvented by doing a property merge (--record-only)
for that
changeset toward the branch and then doing the trunk -> branch sycnhronization as usual.

Nevertheless, I would recommend creating a new branch after every reintegrate as the book
says.

Arpad Ilia