subversion-users mailing list archives

From Barry Callahan <bar...@rjlsystems.com>
Subject Re: Migrating to SVN from zipfile-based archival. Advice?
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2010 15:20:31 GMT
On 06/10/2010 06:24 PM, Lieven Govaerts wrote:

> All files from svn.collab.net have been copied to svn.apache.org.
> You're probably talking about svn_load_dirs.pl, which is the tool that
> the documentation refers to in the 'vendor drop' chapter. You can find
> it here:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/contrib/client-side/svn_load_dirs/

Excellent.

I read through the section on vendor drops, and it looks relatively
straightforward. I'll pull a copy of svn_load_dirs.pl and read through
it to make sure everything makes sense. From the overview, it looked
like it might handle adding/removing files automagically, as necessary.
I may be wrong, but I'll find out when I look at the code.

And I'm assuming that if, in the course of importing things, I find I
accidentally skipped a snapshot I want preserved, I'll want to check-out
the snapshot prior to the one I want to import before overwriting with,
and importing the skipped one.