subversion-users mailing list archives

From BRM <bm_witn...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: detect externals in script
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:35:21 GMT
Alternatively:

1. Run `svn status | grep ^X` to get all the entries in the working copy that are svn:externals.
2. Ignore them as you traverse across the paths.

While reading the svn:externals directly is also a good idea, you'd have to do that for every
directory you enter into, since they are namespace specific.
The nice thing about `svn status| grep ^X` is that it will traverse the entire working copy
and tell you about ALL svn:externals - even those inside of the svn:externals.

SVN's bindings may provide some better help in there, so definitely look at those too as there
may be yet a better solution.

BRM