subversion-users mailing list archives

From Arindam RayMukherjee <arindam...@gmail.com>
Subject Subversion repository file portability
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 22:10:08 GMT
Hi,

I have a personal work environment that involves a windows system and a
linux system at two different geographical locations.
I was thinking of syncing the code bases at these two places by having the
svn repository files stored in Cloud storage(dropbox for example).
This would also act as a fail proof backup of my system.

My question is that if I create compressed svn repository files on the
windows system and try to download and use them on the linux systems will
that work?
Are svn repository file formats independant of the platform?

Cheers

Arindam Ray Mukherjee