subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-20...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: proposed export option
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 22:35:54 GMT
On Jun 2, 2010, at 13:48, Paul Breen wrote:

> I previously inquired about adding a –skipfilesmatchingsize option to the export subcommand.
 I have implemented that feature, and I was wondering if it has any chance of making it into
the trunk directory for svn.  It currently has performance issues, and I don't want to spend
a lot of time optimizing the code if it's never going to be incorporated into the main development
line.

> If the feature is not acceptable as described in my previous message, could it be made
acceptable if it were expanded somehow to make it of more general use?  Maybe by using checksums
instead of file size or, more ambitiously, I was thinking something like a rsync subcommand
that allows a person to synchronize an unversioned folder with an svn repository.

> Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You recall that there was already a discussion in April when you initially suggested this
feature?

http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2010-04/index.shtml#405

There were objections by myself and others that what you proposed was already fairly easily
accomplished using Subversion's existing commands, and you were going to inquire with your
client as to why those existing methods weren't suitable.